Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, May 18, 2012

Terrible Thompson…




I would like to begin by saying that my grades are in and I officially rocked my first full semester of college.  As some of you know the transition from part-time to full time was not an easy one for me.  I was struggling to keep up on the work load, but as with everything that I do I pushed myself and found a way to get on track.  I went from a struggling mess to a 3.57 GPA.  And the reason I continue to share my life stories with all of you is not to brag on myself, but to continue to present you examples of perseverance and how adversity can be handled.  I want you to ask yourself this: “If a wise ass punk from a broken home and broken life can continue to beat the odds and become a better version of himself; Why can’t I?  Last night you all showed an exceptional example of perseverance when you took to "Terrible Tyler" as a group and pushed repetition after repetition and not only pushing yourselves, but each other.  I was so proud of the group last night.  Every single one of you was giving each other positive reinforcement when you would pass one another on the hill.  I was in awe; it was as if you all knew suddenly that you needed to support each other during this challenge.  That hill is extreme, and how many people looked at us as if we were crazy to be going up and down that hill several times or even stopped to ask what we were doing it for.  You guys totally rocked it last night and I couldn’t have been prouder of this group.  I was even proud of ‘Water bottle’ Rod who was trying his hardest to annoy me with his constant moving of the cones.  Rod’s actions brought on the best quote of the night which came from John O’Brien, “When it’s nice outside children will play outside.”  Have a good weekend Speedsters and if you’re running the New Sesame Place 5k Sunday I will see you there.  Those running The Pocono Marathon good luck and know that were all rooting for you.

Speedsters on the hill:

Jackie, Brendan, Jay, John, Dawn, Kami, Andrea, Paul, Glenn, Steve, Denise, Kevin and Rod

Workout:

1 mile warm-up
800 (800), 400 (400), 400 (400), 800 (800), 400 (400), 400
1 mile cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment