Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April is over and May has begun




As the old saying goes “April showers brings May flowers.” I’m hoping that this holds true for the attendance for the Speedster workouts.  When 7 runners came out for the hill workout and 10 came out for the speed workout the first week of April, I told the runners that the numbers are not strong enough for me to keep putting forth my time and effort.  I followed this comment up with I will give the attendance numbers the entire month of April before I pull the plug on the program, in hopes that they will improve.  Well aside from 2 workouts (when the numbers reached 20 & 22 respectively) we averaged a sad number of 14 runners.  To shine light on these numbers even further, we averaged 18 runners for the month of April in 2010 and 24 last season.  I know a couple of people have made comments that 14 is a good number, these same people rarely come out and most likely don’t realize all that is involved with these workouts. 

Looking at the numbers tells me that there is not as much interest any more.  My goal was to have us averaging close to 40 runners, and before you say anything about that number being too high, I would like to share that we were averaging 31 runners a workout for the last three months of the program last season.  When I took this thing over and gave it life, I did it to make this club better.  I wanted to give you all the opportunity to become greater, faster, stronger, runners.  I swear by these type workouts, and feel strongly that once implemented into a runners training regimen there will be improvement.  The countless amounts of past testimonials from you the runners prove this.  I’m just frustrated that the numbers are not improving and it saddens me to think that I’ve made numerous sacrifices for this program to only see it begin to fade away. 

With that all said and off my chest for one last attempt at saving this thing, I would like to say that I will give this thing one more month.  As I’ve stated, I have worked too hard, sacrificed way too much, and believe strongly in the Speedster program to allow one month to end it.  We have a total of 10 Speedster workouts taking place this month, nine more after yesterdays.  If we’re able to get the average number up to at least 20 for the month of May, I’m still all in.  So get up off your asses, balance your schedules, do whatever you have to do and take advantage of what is being presented to you.  If this thing dies, it’s not because I didn’t try it’s because you didn’t. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick we're no longer at that track we're now at Maple Point Middle School in Langhorne.

    ReplyDelete