Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gone is 60 Minutes...



After a very long and heart breaking week, I somehow found the mental and physical strength to achieve the greatest goal of my long running career.  I have toed the line on Broad Street right past Somerville Ave seven times, and each time I had one thought in my head, “Please allow me to do this in one hour.”  Every year from 2005 to 2012 I would run down Broad Street staring up at William Penn with one thought in my head, “Please allow me to do this in one hour.”  The closest I had come was within two minutes last year that was until this year.  This year has been an impressive year for my running, setting PB’s in many races, in many distances, and even putting up a PB in the running backward category (thanks Rod).  But, none of them compare to finally achieving crossing the finish line in the Navy Yard within one hour.  Granted the clock read 1:00:58 when I crossed, but it didn’t read 1:01 so in my opinion it counts.  I was so locked in to beating that clock that I never heard, Allyson, the Schaal’s, and others screaming for me as I approached the finish line.  Allyson was waiting for me all smiles when I finally staggered through the finish chute.  All she said was so…and I replied I did it, I finally did it.  She hugged me, congratulated me and then followed that happy moment up with “maybe next year you can break one hour”… Well that was short lived.   The lesson here is that as long as you keep at IT, IT can happen.  I didn’t get the chance to see as many of you as I had hoped, but I did look up some of your times and it looks like many of you had stellar times today as well, congratulations all. We will be back at it Tuesday at Maple Point Middle School at 6PM.  I hope to see you there.

Till we run into each other again…

1 comment:

  1. Chris - that is so awesome - good for you! It used to count for Boston so I don't see why it can't count for you!

    ReplyDelete