Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

No Body Puts Baby In A Corner


I’m really not sure how my last Blog post got misunderstood or where this idea that I’m burned out, and have too much on my plate came from.  But, I’m not burned out far from it and I have a huge plate that can take on tons.  I’m balancing my full load of classes exceptionally well (the transition was challenging at first, but once I settled in everything was all good), my running has been going very well, FedEx is fine, and Allyson and I are has golden as when we were first dating.  My biggest issue is that I care immensely about what I’m involved with including this running club.  Caring too much may be my biggest flaw.  I get giddy as a school boy before each of the Tuesday and Thursday workouts, only to be disappointed when I arrive and the turnout is small.  I want terribly for this club to improve and for this reason and this reason alone I took on this position proudly.  As for the misinterpretation of my latest Blog post, I thought I was clear when I stated that April sucked and was holding out hope for a better month in May.  The point of the post was to show how poor attendance was in April in hopes that more will put forth the effort to come out and participate in May.  I wasn’t asking for comments from the peanut gallery, but should have known better when I post anything it is fair game.  The only issue is I was feeling like I was being pushed into a corner and ganged up on once the responses started coming in.  “Nobody puts Baby in a corner,” I’m really quick to jump on the defensive when I feel like I’m being attacked.  I hope this clears this issue up and I will be meeting whomever shows up for the hill workout tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment