Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

King of the Mountain



Track Recap & Hill Workout Reminder:

Tuesday the rains almost held off for the entire workout, ‘Almost’ being the key word in that sentence.  It rained or should I say poured for roughly three minutes, enough to disrupt the workout and force me to rush around covering all the clothing and paper stuff up.  The turnout was good (19) and the workout was tough.  But, we did have a first timer and a Speedster made their first appearance of the season.

Workout:

1 mile warm-up

600 (200), 400 (200), 300 (200), 200 (3 minute rest) 3X’s

1 mile cool down

Drills

6 miles total

Joining me was:

Cory, Pete, Tim, Dennis, Rod, Brian, Joe, Kevin, Jimbo, Charlotte, Mary, Haydee, John, Glenn, Steve, Denise, Renee (First appearance this season! Welcome Back!), and first timer Ed Chionchio
Nice job everyone!  I know that the workout was tough, but you Dug Deep and pushed through.

Hill Workout Thursday:

Oh do I ever have a workout for the ages planned this week.  We will be meeting in Tyler State Park at the Boat House at 6 PM.  I know I have mentioned to a few of you about one day running up that huge hill that overlooks the park, the hill that is opposite of the boat house.  Well, I call that hill “King of the mountain” and it is really tough and a lot of fun.  We will not be doing this hill tomorrow, but Ray and the other park employee’s where busy putting up a new fence blocking the entrance of the King of the mountain hill so I attempted it before it was blocked forever and it was a beast of a climb, but like I previously mentioned a lot of fun, so much so that I climbed it twice.  It’s a shame the park is blocking it, for I had big plans for us and this hill…

Till we run into each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment