Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Good, the bad, and the earthquake…


At this point in the season my patience has run thin and it was tested tonight, more of that later.  I’m extremely dedicated to this track program, so much so that I convinced my wife to break from the beautiful beach to head back home for a few hours to be at the track for the workout tonight.  I didn’t do it for me (or my perfect attendance), but for all of you.  I heard many appreciative responses tonight, so I know you all were grateful.  On our way home we were sitting at a traffic light and Allyson’s car started to shake.  I turned to her and said what’s up with your car it feels like it’s going to stall.  I looked at the temperature gauge and it wasn’t running hot, I was clueless that we had just felt an aftershock.  This seems to be happening more and more in this area; it’s pretty strange since I didn’t think we sat on a fault plane.  The earthquake must have affected people’s brains tonight too.  I had a few runners forget the lane rules and multiple runners take it upon themselves to do different workouts.  Why come out to a planned workout just to do your version of it and on top of that sign in?  Again, this goes back to my patience being just about shot at this point into the season.  Tonight was supposed to be a very important workout.  Tonight was the base of Yasso’s and it’s important to establish your Yasso pace, so that you can build off of that week one base.  By tweaking it in your own way you’re starting with a faulty foundation. 

Tonight wasn’t all bad and shaky, we did have great weather, a good turnout, and Gatorade brought by Cory a big THANK YOU goes out to Cory for that nice surprise. 

Who:
Allyson, myself, Harris, Jay, Emily (Welcome Back), Steve C, Cece, Andy, Paul, Cory (thanks again), Kami, Dan, Megan Schaal (1st Timer! Welcome!), Tom, Eric L, Matt, Vee, Renee, Rich, Mary, Jimbo, Jack, Dennis, Charlotte, Jackie, Breandan, Suzi, Olivia, Greg, Sharon, Carolyn, Shawn, and Maggie.

Workout:
1st week of Yasso’s!
1 mile warm-up
Stretch
4x800 at marathon finish time (400 Rest)
1 mile cool down
Drills

Back to the beach tomorrow!  Phillies on the radio, cold Corona’s, and toes in the sand, going to be priceless.

CT

2 comments:

  1. Oops, I forgot to sign in (Now I really put Chris in a bad mood). It was all Steve's fault. He came early (it took him four months but he finally came to the track early) and wanted to do the warmup immediately. But for the record I was there.

    Eric T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a minimal showing of appreciation for helping me get to pretty slow from really slow. And sorry for my brain being completely shut down with the lane issue. It was part "rookie status" and part brain issue of some sort. The future's bright on all fronts, though, and thanks again for all the good tips from everyone.

    ReplyDelete