Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, August 31, 2012

The Floor is Yours




I spoke a little bit about the Bucks County Speedsters Blue & Orange Track & Field Day in the Speedster Quarterly, and I thought I would do something different this year.  I thought instead of me writing a bias recap on an event that I introduced to all of you; I thought I would open it up to all of you.  We all know that I enjoyed the day and was proud of all of you for not only competing, but for contributing with bringing stuff that we needed and for also cheering each other on no matter what color the clothing.  The only thing I would like to add is that Phil had the funniest moment of all, when he approached me about the starting pistol not firing.  I took one look at the gun and said to Phil “I take it you don’t own a gun?”  He replied with a simple no.  I shook my head and said Phil you have the blanks loaded on the wrong side.  We didn’t have any misfires so Phil must have figured out how to load the blanks.
I would love to hear about your track meet experiences, what made you laugh, what was your favorite part of the day, what you didn’t like, what should change.  I’m curious to know what volunteers and athletes alike thought and experienced.  The floor is yours.  You can either respond to this email/face book post or comment on the bottom of the actual blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Fine, I'll go first.
    Things I'll remember...
    Steve Iguchi flying on his 4x400 leg...
    Tim D achieving his sub 60 goal in the 400...
    CT being shot out of a cannon at the start of the 200....
    Schaal with a kick to finish 3rd in the 1600...
    Haydey in her races and also in "2nd place" sprinting down the straightaway in a race she wasn't in....
    The patented Cohen kick during the 4x400....
    The sprinting Accardo family...
    The volunteers who dealt with all of our crap...
    And the all out effort of everyone who ran hard even when they were beat....

    ReplyDelete