Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, August 17, 2012

Blue, blue, BLUE, BlUe, bLuE, BLue, blUE

Orange you glad I didn't say 'blue' again...

Time is tick, tick, ticking and that Track Meet we have been preparing for is going to be here in no time and when I say no time, I mean it's going to be here next weekend!  The score for the handicap is extremely close after this past week Blue: 230 Orange: 228.  The volunteer positions have not all been filled so, if you know of someone please send them my way.  We did have 22 people come out last night to workout those fast twitch muscles.  I hope the strong participation continues for this coming weeks workouts especially those on relay teams on Thursday.  I can not stress enough that it is extremely important to work with an entire relay team (to my knowledge this has not taken place for any relay team on Blue or Orange).  Last night's workout also came with a little give-a-way.  If you were there last night and left before they got handed out email me and I will be sure to get you yours. 

Coming out last night:

Brian Abrams (Fresh from the IR welcome back), Jay, Cory, Tim (Thanks for the Corona!), Paul, Andrea, Rich, Maggie Kanak (1st time I have seen her out this season!), Matt, Jimbo, Haydee (looking speedy girl), Steve I, John, Brian, Joe, Harris, Rod, Glenn, Denise, and Charlotte.

Have a great weekend Speedsters and good luck at the Ivyland 5k (2nd best pancake race in the area) and also at the 15k in Washington Crossing Park.  I have to do an easy 6 miles Saturday before I go wake-boarding on the Delaware with my boys and than some how get up early on Sunday to do a 15 mile long run.  Gotta love when marathon training starts and you got plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment