Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Education First



All the tape is down in the house and we’re back to our normal routines including me back to class tomorrow.  I’m excited to be starting back up, because it’s my last semester at Bucks County Community College and also the last semester as a sophomore.  The only issue is that my class schedule this semester will prevent me from getting out on Tuesday nights.  Don’t freak!  Allyson and Harris will be filling in for me.  “Education First” that’s what I would tell my brother when I was his legal guardian at the ripe old age of 21. 

So, tonight’s hill workout was my last one for a little while (don’t miss me too much), but it was still a good one, including some really great quotes from fellow Speedsters.  The first great quote came from Steve and was directed toward “Twenty Questions Tobias.”  Eric is so inquisitive and what he wanted to know tonight was what hill we would be running up and Steve kindly responded “Does it matter they all suck?”  The next quote came at the end of our workout, after I found out that Charlotte had to yell at this group of parents that were standing on the path that we were using.  I too said something to these parents about moving when I passed, they didn’t listen very well.  In any case when I heard what Charlotte did I jokingly said “so much for recruiting anyone new tonight,” after Charlotte got done laughing she responded with “you don’t want them anyway, they don’t listen, you will be yelling at them all the time.”  She made a good point; I had a hard enough time teaching you all proper track etiquette…

Coming out tonight:

Eric, Steve, Charlotte, Sharon, Rich, Kevin, Denise, and Chris Evans who came out to his first hill workout ever and made it look easy.  Nice job everyone and I will see you Thursday after class.

Workout:
1 mile warm-up
5x400 (600)
1 mile cool down

1 comment:

  1. Please, please, please, do not use green type. My old eyes can't read it; or at least not easily. Boy, I wasn't finished resting tonight from the workout and you already have the recap done and published. Great job everyone!

    ReplyDelete