Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, June 29, 2012

Track Recap




Last night we were back at everyone’s favorite track Council Rock South!  This is where we will be for all of July and August.  Last night we had 20 ¼ runners who came out including one new runner and one runner who came out for their first time this season.  It’s exciting to be back at Council Rock South and not just because of the better location, but also we have a stable location for the next two months.  I was driving myself crazy trying to get us a track week in and week out.  I can now focus more energy on you the runners.  Which leads me to my next point, one of the new guys last night said to me that I was being tough on another runner.  I had to turn to this runner and tell them that this was just the beginning and that they would get some of this medicine too.  I don’t look at it as being “tough” I look at is as me giving you the proper guidance that you need.  Some of you have been running for quite some time and don’t need tinkering like the new runners, the veteran runners just need reminders at times and to be pushed other times.  The new runners bring with them forms that need some adjustments and lack of  proper ways of doing things.  Which is neither bad nor a surprise, I expect runners that are still early in their running development to have bad habits and not a lot of running knowledge.  That’s part of what this program brings to the table “guidance.”  So, if you ever feel as if I’m picking on you or another runner just know I’m not, I’m actually helping. 

Speedsters at CRS:

Rod (for a mile before being called away for a personal matter), Eric T, Tim, Allyson, Rich, Paul, Jay, Joe, Cory, Charlotte, Brian, Eric S, Chris Evans (1st timer!  Welcome!), Rahim, John, Kevin, Jimbo, Greg Zesinger (1st time out this season! Welcome Back!), Denise, and Haydee.

Thank you everyone for coming out!

Workout:

1 mile warm-up
1200 (600)
800 (400)
1200 (600)
1 mile cool down
DRILLS

Total Miles: 5

1 comment:

  1. It depends on your (CT) purpose concerning the track workouts. If you just an avenue for getting us the track then you have to take a backseat. But if you are our "coach" then "tough love" is not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete