Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

If the shoe fits...


"God gave you the shoes that fit you, so put em on and wear em'..."-Eminem

Brooks hooked me up with the shoe that fit me and did I ever wear "em."  Since their debut to the running world in July 2009, I have owned 10 (now 14) pairs of the Launch.  Weighing in at 9.3 ounces, I wore them for everything.  Wearing them at work from time to time, sporting them out with jeans and shorts, and obviously for running.  Running nearly 300 miles per pair for a rough estimate of 3000 miles so far.  Those 3000 miles consisted of 2 ultras, 1 marathon, multiple half's, numerous trail runs, at least one mud run, and more training runs then I can even attempt to count. This running sneaker is by far my favorite trainer of all time! It saddens me that it has been discontinued and I'm not sure how I will get over this. One thing is for sure running won't be the same.  When I caught wind of it's early retirement on the Brooks Facebook page I literally ran into the other room to grab my wallet so I could order more, as if they would be sold out in a matter of minutes like a hot movie ticket or the Broad Street Run.  Now, the next problem I'm left with is how do I spread my last pairs out...Do I start mixing in other trainers till I find what ultimately can't replace the Launch, but will become the "have to do shoe?"  Time will ultimately tell that tale. Now, I would like to thank the people of Brooks for introducing me to the Launch, the sneaker that had taken me places, special places. One can only hope that you will give this amazing award winning running sneaker it's proper retirement party.  Here's to the very best in it's category; here's to you Launch, here's to you!

The Launch's biggest fan,

CT

2 comments:

  1. I'm the biggest fan! We are in the same boat, so sad! I am sure there will be a version 2 but not sure what they will change...hopefully nothing! - M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that whatever Brooks is working on in the "updated version" will work for you. You have done a lot of miles in the Launch! :)

    ReplyDelete