Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

First Official Workout Of The Year.


Day one brought out a very poor turnout when it comes to numbers (8), but when you put names to the numbers that came out I was able to turn my frown upside down.  Coming out for the First Ever Official Speedster Hill Workout was:  The future Mr. & Mrs. Johnson (Brendan and Jackie), Mr. Water Bottle Rod Messenger, three Ultra Marathoners, Glenn Cohen, Paul Snyder, and Denise Coll, Myself obviously, and guest star Winter Series Champion Andy Shapiro.  We did a nice 1 mile warm-up, before doing a hill workout that consisted of 6 sets of 600 rest and 400 hard. 

I had expected a larger turnout, but again was happy with the effort put forth by everyone that did come out this evening.   I know most of you are intimidated by these types of workouts, but I’m here to tell you that because of these types of workouts I was able to break 18 minutes in a 5k for the first time since I was in high school.  That was almost 15 years ago!  I ran a 17:56 on Saturday at the Phillies 5k a week after running my fastest time in a 50k.  I guess what I’m saying is that my program works, and if you want to get faster and to become a better running version of yourself, mustard up the courage and get out there with us.

With that said we will be meeting Thursday at 6PM at New Hope High School for a Speed Workout.  I hope to see you there! 

Till we run into each other again…

The High School’s address:
182 West Bridge Street, New Hope, Pennsylvania 18938

No comments:

Post a Comment