Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, April 6, 2012

Another poor turnout.

Last night we again had a very sad number for attendance (11).  I’m allowing myself to think that this number was so poor because it was right before a holiday weekend.  I went back in the archives and in 2010 we had 18 runners come out for week one and 24 runners in 2012.  I really hope that this is not what it has become, because if so another great addition of this club will come to an end.  I’m willing to drive a total hour commute for the group if the numbers are going to be a good size, and I’m sorry but, 11 is just not going to cut it.  I appreciate that those 11 came out and I told them that.  I don’t do these workouts for me, granted I do get a lot out of them, but I can easily do them on my own time on much closer tracks.  I do this, because I want to give back and help other runners to get better.  I made a promise last night to the other 10 runners that came out, I told them I will give it to the end of April before I cancel the program, if the numbers improve substantially I’m all in again.  So I ask you, are you all in?  Are you still willing to “Dig Deep”?  I did forget to post the testimonials from runners like you that came out last year.  I have been doing this for the past two seasons and forgot to do it before our first workout this season so I have them posted below.  Read them, and then come out and see for yourself.

2011 Speedster Testimonials:

“Thank you Chris for your Speed Workouts. Last year I broke a PR at the Gary Papa 5k. I also never imagine that it was going to be so much fun, and it was. You’re a great coach, motivator and above all a great friend”.     Maria Jimenez

“Count me in for the track workouts this year. I really want to add a speedster(ish) shirt to my collection.”-Breandan Nemic

Thanks for the speed training.  I'm still a big load, but creeping up to the head of the pack of the slow people.  I would have been at a whole different level in sports had I known about all of this 30 years ago.  Better late than never.” –CorySteiner

“Thanks for a great track season, it was lots of FUN and I think I even got a little faster!! I appreciate all your hard work and motivation. You guys are awesome! I am already looking forward to next year!!” –Paul Snyder


“Thanks for putting on the meet and the weekly track workouts. It has been a great boost to my running and keeps me motivated to run and try to keep improving. A lot of us owe you a great deal to putting in the time and effort to do this each week.” –Matt Hastings

“You do such an amazing job motivating us, and teaching us to be better runners- I hope you know how much we all appreciate you!  And I hope you don’t mind, but my boyfriend teaches a spin class on Tuesday nights, so he can’t attend, but I’ve been passing your workout outs on to him.  And he just PR on his 5k.  So you’re helping people you don’t even know. “-Denise Coll


“I just wanted to thank you for what you did tonight.  By you organizing members of the club in teams and making this point based competition, you raised awareness of the Tiger Classic and, in doing so, made the schools that benefit from this race at least an extra $150.  May not seem like much, but in a school system scraping for funds, any amount can make a big difference.  While waiting at the end, I heard at least 5 people saying they would have never heard of this race if it wasn't for you, and I'm sure there were some others as well. As an alumni, ex-coach and ex teacher in BTSD I am grateful for what you did.  I know it won't be acknowledged by the foundation or district staff, so I thought I’d send a message to you.” –Greg Yerkes

“Not knowing what to expect when I came out to do your workouts I have to admit that I have been pleasantly surprised.  These workouts are well organized and a lot of fun.  I admire the time and effort that you put into this.  We never had anything like this when I first came into the club and its really nice to see the club members get involved.  It seems that as the club has grown so have the members activities. Last night I wasn't supposed to be there because of a business dinner but when the person I was going to dinner with canceled I made sure to get to the workout as I actually look forward to doing this.” –Past President of BCRR Eric Stern

We will once again be meeting this Tuesday at 6PM at the parking lot closest to the track at Council Rock South for a Speedster Hill Workout.  I hope you all will join us.

CT

2 comments:

  1. Would you accept a random runner from the area to join in the fun of these workouts or would I need to be a member of the group in some way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Runners members and nonmembers alike are encouraged to come out to these workouts. Anyone that is interested in improving stamina, endurance,fitness, and speed should take full advantage of the Speedster Program. Many runners have started with this program as nonmembers and started to enjoy the group so much that they found themselves eager to become BCRR members. I hope you come out and give the group a chance.

    ReplyDelete