Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring is in the Air


There was definitely a feeling of Spring in the cool air this evening, I know that may sound like an oxymoron, but the sun was higher in the sky, birds were chirping in the trees above, and many runners were out and about today, not to mention that within the next couple of days it's supposed to be closing in on 70 degrees.  I predict with the weather getting warmer your all going to start getting that Speed Workout itch...Tonight brought out a few faces I haven’t seen out in a while.  The track was occupied as anticipated, so I had to use “Plan B” and move the Speed Workout to Agony hill in Tyler.  We did 400 meter repeats.  The workout was good and I felt strong during the entire workout.  Allyson and I did a 3 mile run before the 5 mile workout for a total of 8 miles.  Tomorrow is not a rest day this week I will be doing an easy 4 mile run; I’ll probably just start from my front door and then Thursday Hill Repeats starting from Council Rock North at 6PM.  Time to hit the books! 

Till we run into each other again…

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I've been so out of the running groups loop for many reason BUT, have the official track workouts started yet? I just might find the nerve to join in a bit. I have Debbie and Sharon in my ear about them.

    ReplyDelete