Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Over Sharing


Just as a fair warning I will be over sharing in tonight’s post.  I did mention that I would be sharing what takes place during my journey from day one to the finish line so here goes.

I got to the high school early as usual to get a run in before the group arrived, and everything was going as planned.  I went out and did a relaxed 3 mile run over to Tyler Park and back. I went through some of my stretches before heading over to the hill for this evening’s workout.  Within minutes of running over my stomach started to get sloshy and I ignored it.  I was able to get through the first hill repetition with no issue and then BAM!  My stomach went from sloshy to oh no if I continue I might have a Julie Moss “Chocolate Mess” in my shorts experience.  I was not about to “mess” anything so I darted into the woods, climbed through some sticker bushes and...All that happened was a thunderous fart.  If you have gathered yourself and are ready to continue the rest of the workout went well.  I finished my 8 mile run with no issues.  Next run (not in my shorts) will be the trail run (again not in my shorts) Saturday.  Tomorrow is a rest day and Allyson and I will be going down to the Wells Fargo Center to watch the Sixers take on the Golden State Warriors and celebrate the 50th anniversary of Wilt Chamberlain’s 100 point game.  Can’t wait, all fans get a piece of the floor Wilt scored the 100 points on.

Till we run into each other again…

No comments:

Post a Comment