Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Scene 2 plus Speedster Track Update.



My birthday isn’t till the end of the month, but when we got home from CT there was a package waiting on the doorstep.  Allyson said it was my birthday gift and that I could open it!  I didn’t hesitate, I tore open the box and what do my wondering eyes see?  A Nike GPS watch!  I have been hinting about this watch for quite some time (October to be exact), when I got to play with it at the Chicago Marathon Expo.  My Garmin has been on the fritz for a while, even after I sent it back to Garmin to get fixed it still acted up.  It’s funny to think back to before I wore a watch of any kind, to now where I want to have a watch with GPS and some style.  The Nike watch does just that, I want to wear it out and about even if I’m not running.  I took it for a spin an hour after I got it.  Went to Tyler and did the “Thompson Loop” as the first run together (couldn’t think of a better loop to bond on).  Last night I plugged it in after my 10 mile run at Tyler and Allyson Felix came on my Computer screen and commended me on a great 10 mile run!  Will be showing it off I mean using it tonight for my 11 mile run that will combine a 5 mile relaxed pace and 6 miles of hill training, looking forward to it.

Till we run into each other again…

Speedster Season Update:

I’m still in the works to find us a home this spring.  I might have a nice track with lanes and bathrooms (port-a-pots) in the works, but waiting to hear back on a couple of other closer locations first.  We may be forced off the Council Rock tracks permanently, spoke to a woman from CR and she freaked on me for using their track these past two years without permission and without paying $100 a night.  I tried to explain that we didn’t know and that I assumed we could use the track as tax payers in this area, but because we’re an organized group (organized she should come out and see for herself that the majority of you are not organized) we have to pay a fee of $100 each time we use it.  I was not happy with this lady and how she came at me, but surprisingly I kept my cool.  I told her I wasn’t aware that we needed to pay to use it as a group and that I would get back to her on our future usage.  I find this very depressing, because that location was perfect for us.  If anyone has connections in the Council Rock School District and think you can get this fee waived or reduced that would be great.  I really don’t want to charge you the athletes for something that should be free.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't the group in Princeton charge a fee for using the track on Wednesday nights. I guess it is not unheard of but it definitely would be a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete