Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Break!

This week is being condensed which I don’t typically recommend, but under some circumstances (like life) you have to do what you have to do to make it work.  Allyson and I are headed up to Connecticut to visit my nephew and my brother/sister in-law for the weekend.  After I take an exam tomorrow I will be officially on Spring Break and Vacation from work.  In any case because of going away this weekend we have decided to do our Sunday long run tomorrow, because it will be very tough to get motivated to do a long run once away.  So I’m moving my Friday rest day to Sunday. 

Wednesday afternoon I did an easy 4 mile starting from my doorstep.  Those runs are the best; don’t have to move the car and waste gas.  Tonight, Allyson and I were joined by Glenn and Maggie for 5 miles, before we did a 6 mile hill workout.  Felt very strong on the hill tonight stuck with Andy for almost the entire thing!   The weather was very comfortable and brought out 10 Speedsters.

This is a tad off subject, but as I left behind my twenties and entered into my thirties almost two years ago I noticed that my metabolism had slowed so much.  I had heard rumors of this happening, but ruled it out because I’m a runner.  Boy was I foolish to think that.  I used to get away with eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it and now I just can’t without feeling like garbage.  But, I got another hint last night that I’m getting older.  Ten years ago I could called my friends last minute and decide on a whim that we’re going out some place, but that too has changed.  Last night I had 4 really good seats to the Sixers vs Celtics game and I couldn’t get a single person to go with me.  I got excuse after excuse.  I got the typical ones, sorry I have kids now, my wife won’t let me, On a week night, Are you crazy!, to new ones like I’d rather work on my Will and I’d rather watch the game on my High Definition Wide Screen from my comfy couch.  Man, where has the time gone…

Till we run into each other again…

No comments:

Post a Comment