Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, March 17, 2012

hmm...me think cookie good



“If you guys are running anywhere in the Poconos and need to stay overnight, I have a house that I rent that sleeps 12+.”  I thought I would start this post off with a good laugh for everyone.  That was an email I received yesterday afternoon from the woman at Council Rock that yelled at me for using the track without paying.  Apparently she thinks that I should consider renting more than tracks from her now. 
Let’s rewind back to my Wednesday afternoon run shall we.  The plan had me doing 10 miles so, I went to Tyler (I know big surprise.).  I actually ran a pretty fast first 5 mile loop doing the 5 miles in under 35 minutes which I have the great weather to thank for that.  When I got back from the first 5 miles I headed to my car to take a swig of water before heading back out for the last 5.  On my way to the car I spy Boston Pete (the guy always has at least one article of clothing with Boston Marathon printed on it, while running).    I approach him and he gives me the finger(not the middle one this time) because he is on the phone with what I’m thinking is his wife.  Once they say their I love you’s and give smooches, I’m able to say hello and ask him if he has started running yet.  He responds with a no and he joins me for my last 5 miles.  The last 5 miles go smoothly and I’m grateful to have had Boston Pete for company. 

10 miles today 11 tomorrow.

Thursday, was the typical hill workout day.  I needed to do 11 miles, so I arrived at the high school earlier than the group to get 6 miles in.  The 6 miles went well, stuck with the usual run over to Tyler for 3 miles and then back.  I stretched before heading over to the hill with the group.  We did 6x400 repeats and the workout was my best hill workout of the year.  I was able to stay with Winter Series 2012 Champion Andy Shapiro for the entire workout.  This is unheard of for me, I have tried several times to hang with Andy for an entire hill workout and I have only lasted as far as the half-way point until this night.  I’m not sure what or who to credit my break out achievement. Was it the whole box of Entenmann’s cookies I snacked on while watching the NCAA tournament that day?  Or was this just pure luck of the Irish a few days early?  Whatever was the cause, I’m thrilled it happened.  Performances such as this, help runners build confidence.  I will be able to take this confidence and build from it going forward.  I hope that all of you can find a positive performance of your own and allow it to rouse your confidence. 

Till we run into each other again…

No comments:

Post a Comment