Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day One Time to Ice


Before you continue I want to warn you that I don’t follow the typical marathon guide.  I have taken bits from the “Advanced Marathoning” book, pieces from a Runners World guide from years ago, and I sprinkle on top my own techniques.  I only tell you this, to warn you, in the case that you are tempted to use this some time for your own future marathons.  The program I do is a 12 month program and incorporates a speed workout, a hill workout, an easy run, a long run, and a few rest days (which are my favorites).

Today I began my journey to the finish line of the Pocono Marathon.  Today I did 4 miles easy with Allyson and Mike Brown from Council Rock South to the boat house in Tyler Park and back, followed up with a speed workout of 12x300’s with 100 rests with a 1 mile cool down, for a total of 8 miles.  Both felt good and made me think that I have been rebooted and recharged.  I try and finish each run by icing my legs; it helps keep them fresh and injury free.  Tomorrow is a Rest day which is great being I have a Biology Exam…

I leave you with an inspirational quote from the G.O.A.T (Greatest Of All Time) and I’m not talking about LL Cool J.

“Success is not achieved by winning all the time.  Real success comes when we rise after we fall.  Some mountains are higher than others.  Some roads steeper than the next.  There are hardships and setbacks but you cannot let them stop you.  Even on the steepest road you must not turn back.” –Muhammad Ali

If we all could live with these words in mind we could achieve so much.  Talk to you on Thursday after the Hill Work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment