Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 2: Rekindling My Love With Running


Today was day two and I felt as if I had rekindled my love affair with running.  Today’s workout called for a 9 mile run incorporating a hill workout and that’s exactly what I did.  Allyson and I arrived 45 minutes early to this evening’s hill workout to do a nice relaxed 3 mile warm-up.  Getting to any workout or race early allows you the proper time to warm-up and stretch.  After our warm-up I stretched out for roughly 15 minutes before we headed over to the hill to do a 6 mile workout.  The hill workout is always tough and not something that I look forward to, even though it has strengthen my hill running ability immensely.   It was also nice to have mild temperatures and a decent turnout of runners (about 10).  Before tonight’s workout I had in the past, felt very light headed after this particular workout, but felt perfectly fine this time.  This is another positive sign that things are getting back on track.  Tomorrow is another Rest Day!  I have no classes, and done work early tomorrow, so I will be headed to the movies to see Ghost Rider II which to my surprise no one I know is interested in seeing.  My only nerd trait is comic books and naturally any comic that becomes a movie.  I’ll see some of you Saturday at the trail run. 

Till we run into each other again…

No comments:

Post a Comment