Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rain, Records, & Rainbows


Record breaking night at the track!
Tonight the attendance record was broken and we were 1 runner shy of hitting 40 runners.  That’s right even Glenn can do this arithmetic, we had 39 runners tonight breaking the previous record of 37.  The night started off with ominous skies, but ended with a rainbow. In the past we have willed the rain to hold off no such luck tonight.  I don’t know who it was that brought the rain, but it wasn’t Charlotte, Tim, or me.  We had blue skies for the most part when we arrived.  I looked at Charlotte and I asked her if she thought I should put up the tent she replied “If you put it up you know it won’t rain” boy was she wrong.  I put the tent up agreeing that it would keep the rain away.  It poured from 6:00 to 7:00.  I drove home with my heat on full blast in hopes that I would dry off (wishful thinking again). 
WHO:
Myself, Mary K, Mark Eiler (Newest Orange Member), Rich, Shirley, Tim, Mike B, Charlotte Bottoms Buglio, Jimbo, Wayne (I hope you get better), Joe, Eric S, Jay, Paul, Cece, Rod, Dennis, Donna, Harris Soapy Shorts Brenner (long weird story), Kami Tops Schaal, Dan, Maria, Pete, Scott, Gregg, Jack Showldis (1st Timer Welcome), Carolyn Joniak (Making her first appearance this season, welcome back), Cory (1st Timer Welcome), Mike G, Vince, Eric T, Greg Yerkes (1st  appearance this season, welcome back), Wendy, Rahim, Sharon, Vee Fox (1st Timer Welcome), Olivia Tattory (1st Timer Welcome), Joe Clark, Steve I.
Workout:
1 mile warm-up
600 (200)
400 (200)
300 (200)
200
3 minute Rest
600 (200)
400 (200)
300 (200)
200
3 minute Rest
600 (200)
400 (200)
300 (200)
200
1 mile cool down
Drills

Thank you to everyone that came out and participated in the workout and a special thank you to everyone that helped me with all my stuff , putting  up the tent, taking the tent down. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed the workout, especially to the orange team, I fell asleep right after work till 7. If anyone else missed tonights and is up for doing workout Thursday, let me know. I am up for around 5pm at crs.

    ReplyDelete