Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"I'm kicking my ass!"



It took me until the final set of tonight’s workout to settle in and find my form.  I felt as if my muscle memory was in a debate with my aches and pains, meaning I felt like I could go, but something was holding me back.  During the workout I kept asking myself why I was doing this to myself, and I kept reminding myself how nice it was just standing on the sidelines, barking commands.  At some point someone asked me how I felt and all I could think of was how my entire body hurt, which led me to think of the scene in Liar Liar where Jim Carrey’s character is literally kicking his own ass.

We had quite a few Speedsters out for their first workout of the season tonight.  It’s always nice to see familiar faces even if shortly after the warm up those faces are grimacing.  Coming out tonight:  Allyson, myself, Bharminder, Tim, Kevin, Lindsay, Tereza, Steve, Rob, Jimbo, Brian, Joe, Denise, Neil and making their first appearance’s this season were Anthony Accardo, Mike Gross, Eric Tobias, Renee Harnishfeger, and Tracy Jenkins for a total of 19.

Workout:

1 mile warm-up

600 (200)
400 (200)
300 (3 minute rest)

600 (200)
400 (200)
300 (3 minute rest)

600 (200)
400 (200)
300

1 mile cool down with the last two laps jogging the turns and sprinting the straights.

Next up: Hills on Thursday at 6PM meeting at Council Rock South.

Till we run into each other again…

No comments:

Post a Comment