Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hill Workout and a NEW RACE!




Double Dipper Hill Workout:

Tonight after a dog delay, don’t ask…we had 17 total runners come out to tonight’s workout and they really had to Dig Deep for this one.  We did a double climb hill and it really wasn’t a crowd pleaser, which is why we will do it again.  The last time I had the Speedsters do this workout I was on the sidelines and I wanted to see for myself what all the whining was about.  I thought the workout was awesome; it was just the right amount of challenging. 

Coming out tonight to double dip:

Allyson, Cece, Steve, Rob, Melissa, Lindsay, Samirah, Denise, myself, Kevin, Matt, Mary, Bharminder, Tom, Paul, Alex, and Glenn who left Texas just for this workout.

Special Shout out to Melissa for generously giving back her winnings from the 50/50 from the Beef & Beer.  I told her we didn’t want it and that she needed to take it, and once I turned my back she snuck it back into my bag.  Thanks Melissa!

Workout:

1 mile warm-up over to the hill.

400 hard up one side of the hill, 200 Rest, 400 hard up the other side, 200 Rest (4 Sets)

1 mile cool down

We have exciting news!

The club officers and I have been working on putting together another race to raise money for the club and after todays meeting with personnel at Mercer County Park its official the Speedsters will be bringing back a Labor Day race to the area.  We will be putting aside the pancakes this time for hot dogs.  The Hot Diggity Dog Labor Day 10k Trail Run and 2 mile Fun Run will take place at Mercer County Park at 9:30 AM on Monday, September 2nd.  After the race we will celebrate with a BBQ!  Please spread the word about this event.  The website will go live in June.  Again, members will be given a discount code.

I’ve attached a race brochure (email list only, if you would like a brochure to share just ask me and I will email you one), if your able to print some out and give them out that would be huge.

Till we run into each other again…

No comments:

Post a Comment