Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Water Wonderland



I have said many times that we will not cancel a Speed workout unless there is thunder and lighting. Tonight we only had rain, be it the rain was torrential at times there was no thunder or lighting therefore the workout had to go on.  I was glad that it did because the rain made the workout way more fun and as we all know Yasso’s can get boring.  Tonight was a more laid back night with all the rain and flooded lanes.  The first 3 lanes had about 2 inches of rain that resembled more of a lake than a track.  It reminded me of these run’s we would do in high school that had us running in water up to our knees and at times our ears (if you fell).  I can’t say that I was surprised that some Speedsters came out tonight, BCRR has runners of all mental levels…I mean running levels.  Everyone that came out tonight seemed to enjoy themselves.  I’m only sorry that the majority of you could not make it out due to the conditions.  I don’t think less of anyone that did not make it out and I don’t think more of those that did.  I just know who the crazy ones are now!

Who played in the puddles?
Allsyon, myself, Mike Brown, Dennis Brown, Paul Snyder, John O’Brien, Caroyln Joniak ,Mike Gross, Renee Harnishfeger, Olivia Tattory, Breandan Nemec, Denise Coll, and a 1st timer Christa Cleeton(Welcome!) 
Crazy, over the top, and to some maybe not the smartest thing, but by far the most fun I have had at a Speed workout.  I tip my soaked hat to all those mentioned above.
Workout:
1 mile warm-up
6x800 (400)
1 mile cool down
Lasting thought: Running takes us all over, at any time of day, through many obstacles, but the greatest thing is the moments we capture during each run.  Tonight was one of those moments and I was happy to share it with the fellow Speedsters that came out.

CT

No comments:

Post a Comment