Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

You are what you eat?

“I hurt myself today, to see if I still feel.  I focus on the pain, the only thing that's real…” –Johnny Cash


Picture from crossfitcoastal.com

         I actually hurt myself this weekend by filling my body with garbage and drinking too many Corona lights.  I also didn’t run for four day’s which wasn’t exactly good either.  My short vacation caused me to struggle through tonight’s workout, and the pain was for real.  I’m not going to dwell on it, I’m going to work my butt off and get back to where I need to be. 

         Tonight found us at the track once again running below ominous skies, but as predicted we got our workout in before those skies opened up and dropped buckets of water.  I hope you all made it home safely.  Thank you to everyone that helped me break the tent and pack up.  Also, thank you to Neil for locking up our Speedsters private port-a potty.  The combination for the lock is taped within the supply drawer.  Please don’t share this with others and if you unlock it during an off day (not a Tuesday), please lock it back up. 

Coming out tonight:

Tim, Jay (thanks for bringing and storing the Speedsters tent), Scott S, Brian, Rob, Lauren, Bharminder, Joe, myself, Glenn, Kevin, Cherie, Pearl, Heather, Matt, Lori, Jimbo, Barb, Neil, Jeff, Jason, Christy, Greg, Brendan, and Jackie Johnson made her return tonight! 

Nice work tonight people!

Workout:

1 mile warm up
Group Stretch
12x300 (100)
1 mile cool down

Next up:

We will be meeting at Council Rock North on Thursday at 6PM for a hill workout.


Till we run into each other again…


CT

No comments:

Post a Comment