Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Timed 800


            Back in April I had the Speedsters do a timed 800.  In the past we have only done timed miles, but I wanted to gauge their progress with other alternatives.  Plus it was getting pretty easy for them to predict when the timed mile would be every month and some of them would start missing or coming later just by coincidence...Adding both the 800 and the 400 gives me the chance to catch the Speedsters on the clock which isn't always easy.  In all seriousness these timed runs help me see their improvements on paper.  I can see running forms getting stronger and stamina lasting longer, but I can't put that on paper.  The good news about me incorporating the 400 and the 800 is the timed mile happens every other month now instead of every month.

          I have to admit I was a tad nervous about participating in the the timed 800 on Tuesday.  The 800 was one of my events in high school and I haven't run it since.  So, the butterflies started fluttering in anticipation.  Which I know is silly because this was just a training run not a race. I ended up running surprisingly well (not youthful well, but well), and I wasn't the only one, seven Speedsters ran faster than they did in April.  Some improving immensely.

Coming out on Tuesday:

Allyson, myself, Tim, Maria, Jay, Eric T, Scott, Neil, Alex, Glenn, Tereza, Hilda, Bob Powell (First time this season, welcome back), Joe, Rob, Kevin, Bharminder, Matt, Mike, Tracy, Dan Schaal (First workout of the season too, welcome back), Lindsay, Steve, Jimbo, Anthony, Denise, and our newest member Joe Gorberg (Welcome Aboard!).  Nice work everyone!

Workout:

1 mile easy
800 Hard (400 Easy)

Negative Split Workout
200 (200), 400 (200), 600 (400), 800 (400) @ 10k pace
200 (200), 400 (200), 600 (400) @ 5k pace

1 mile cool down




No comments:

Post a Comment