Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Timed Mile Thursday


This past Thursday was the first time I had to play "Bad Coach" normally I'm "Good Coach."  Let me paint the picture for you:  It's a cooler evening, maybe the coolest it's been in over a month.  It's a decent turnout of Speedsters, and all is going well, until the runners spy the workout board and read "Timed Mile!"  Now I know it's not anyone's favorite workout, to be honest I don't like it either, but the truth is it gives me the ability to chart my runners progress and there is no denying that.  I prepare myself to hear a few moans and groans when it's a timed mile, but at this last one almost everyone was whining.  I had to actually threaten tougher workouts before the whining tapered off.  The most remarkable thing was that everyone was under 8 minutes and a handful ran their fastest mile.  Aside from the timed mile we did 6x400's with 400 rest.  After drills I stayed late and worked exchanges with Blue and Orange runners.  This week I will be working starts with sprinters, so if your running the 100 or 200 in the upcoming track meet allow extra time after the workout.

Coming out:

Kevin (who is now tied with Rod for attendance, 29 workouts each), Tim, Eric, Jay, Joe, Paul, Rich, Sharon, Mary, Anthony, Amy, Nick, Renee, Denise, Brian, Rahim, Jackie (first time out as a married women!), and Brendan.

Even with all the whining I still want to thank you all for coming out and running the "Last" Timed Mile of the Season!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 


Speedsters in action this weekend:  

Harris is currently running the Vermont 100 miler!  Anthony Accardo raced the NJ State Triathlon (Sprint), and Allyson Thompson is racing the NJ State Triathlon (Olympic) tomorrow.  Way to go Anthony!  Good luck Harris and Allyson!

Blue & Orange Track Meet:

Still in need of a handful of volunteers on Saturday, August 25 at New Hope.  Also there has been some injuries so, we're now looking for Track meet participant alternates just in case there are any more injuries.   If your available on the 25th and want to volunteer or become an alternate contact me.

I'll see all of you at the Hill Workout on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment