Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Eye on the Prize



I know I preach and ramble on about many topics during the workouts, but I’m pretty sure not on this topic.  If you have heard what I’m about to say, just stop me; oh that’s right you won’t be able to.  Well, tonight I wanted to focus more on pushing you all more than usual.  I know I yell at times and offer positive reinforcement, but tonight I did something’s a tad different.  One I forced the first group to take control of at least one of the repetitions, and when one of them started to struggle I told him to focus on a target.  This is where I begin my preaching.  Keep your eye on the prize, this goes for everyone no matter if it’s a tough workout or a road race you’re doing.  If you keep your head up and target a person or even an object such as a cone, it should be enough to push you further.   

 Another motivational tool that got pulled out of the bag tonight was used against a certain young lady at the very end of the workout.  As I was coming back from picking up the cone that lay at the bottom of the hill, I started to yell up to the runner that if I caught her she would have to do another repetition.  It was hot and it was the last hill of the night, but sometimes it’s good to empty our tanks.  With the thought in her head that she would have to climb this hill another time, she dug very deep and owned the rest of that hill.  Funny what a little incentive can do…

Also owning the hill tonight:

Kevin, Charlotte, Matt, Sharon, Rich, John, Haydee, Renee, Brian, Steve, Jim, and Denise.  13 total tonight which is a very respectable number considering the heat.

Speed workout Reminder:

We will be meeting at Council Rock South on Thursday at 6PM.  We will begin 50/50 drawings this Thursday that will be picked at the end of the workout we will do one every Thursday leading up to the Track Meet.  All money raised will go toward the track meet.  $1 a chance or $10 for an arm’s length. 

No comments:

Post a Comment