Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Wait...You Run...

Picture from: Just another WordPress.com site
Most young men feel as if they’re Superman, you may know the feeling I’m talking about.  You know when you’re in your twenties and you feel as if you’re untouchable, unbreakable, and unstoppable.  I never felt quite like that, I was weird I always compared myself to another Super Hero, Wolverine.  Wolverine wasn’t just known for his retractable claws, or his bones being plated by Adamantium, his main power was his ability to heal incredibly fast.  That’s how I always felt when I would get injured; I always seemed to heal quickly.

Now that I’m older it takes me twice as long to recover.  To reiterate, at the end of January I stepped in a hole at the end of a trail run and unknowingly tore a couple of ligaments in my ankle.  After a few minutes in pain I got up and foolishly ran the last half-mile, and It didn’t stop there, I continued to run all of February and half of March.  Once the pain got unbearable I went for an MRI and got the bad news.  To sum this up, I was out for a month and today was the first day I could run again and I did.

I got my butt kicked, my lungs were screaming, I had stitches (cramps) that didn’t go away until about five minutes ago, but because of that pain I couldn’t feel any discomfort in my ankle.  It was funny to hear the curious newbies say they didn’t know I ran.  At first I looked dumbfounded at their comments, but soon I realized that I have been on the sidelines from the start of the season, so they wouldn’t have seen me run before.  It was good to be out there running with you all again.  Thanks for all your concerns.  Next up is the Hill Workout on Thursday and then hopefully my 9th consecutive Broad Street Run.

Joining me for my first run back were 22 Speedsters:

Bharminder, Tim, Rob, Joe H, Paul, Brian, Maria, Kevin, Cory, Steve, Gabrielle, Lindsay, Neil, Rod, Sharon, Allyson, Glenn, Alex Cohen (First Timer! Welcome!), Joe Gorberg (First Timer! Welcome!), and making their first appearance’s this season Haydee Lowry, Christa Cleeton, and John O’Brien (Welcome Back!).
Tonights Workout:

1 mile warm-up
Group Stretch
6-8 400 (400)
1 mile cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment