Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Going Harder in 2013

          This is an exciting time for all of us, another year has ended and a brand new one has begun. This is when we get the opportunity to put everything behind us and at the same time we're given a fresh start.  I try and live each day as if it's a fresh start, but it get's tough to do at times.  But, when a year end's we can now close that book and place it on the shelf with all the other ones.  This year I plan to live by a four letter word...'hard.'  You gotta get your heads out of the gutter people, lets focus. 

          Once upon a time I was on a long sabbatical from running.  When I say long, I mean years with no running, none, nada, zippy-de-do-dah.  I was really focused on weight lifting.  I was more concerned with how much weight I could bench than my actual weight.  The reason I just went on that little tangent is to explain why the below poster was on my bedroom wall between Michael Jordan and some swimsuit model.  "Go Hard...Or Go Home." was something I lived by and I plan to return to in 2013, just this time it will be applied to my running. 

           We all know that there is no miracle cure to getting healthier, faster, or losing weight.  No matter what those infomercials are selling it all goes back to whether or not we're working our asses off or not.  If you work hard and when I say work hard, I mean really work at it for a long period of time and only than are you going to get results.  I'm currently fifteen pounds over racing weight and the flab is flowing free.  I needed the year to end to open my eyes and motivate me to get back in shape.  I'm making a promise to myself to "go hard" in everything I'm involved with in 2013 which includes YOU!  The Bucks County Speedsters will not only be "Digging Deep" but also going hard.  Tomorrow at 6PM join me for a killer hill workout.

Here is the entire quote with obvious changes: 


“ Go Hard…Or Go Home. Balls-to-the-wall training.  You sweat.  You push.  It hurts. [Out] here, there’s no room for crybabies, no place for talking trash. Just raw [running].  This is the real deal…”

Picture taken from gympump.com





No comments:

Post a Comment