Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Waving the White Flag


Picture from Stubhub.com


It’s so easy to give away advice like it’s growing on an oak tree, but when it comes to advice for myself, my head tends to harden and my ears fold over drowning out any advice that I need to hear.  Well, the good news is that no matter how hard I tried not to hear my advice, the pain in my hamstring was louder.  For the second time in a year I’m pulling out of a marathon.  Last time was because my heart wasn’t in it and now I’m just suffering with this nagging hamstring.  I have to be smart about this, if I lined up for this marathon I would do all I could to get through it and in doing so injure myself more. And with this unsettling weather coming in we won’t even be venturing to DC now.  I wish those still running the marathon the best of luck and I will be crossing my fingers that this storm turns away for you. 

I hope to be healthy enough to lead the first hill workout on Thursday, November 1st at 6PM meeting at Council Rock South.  Following that workout we will be heading to Chow for our monthly Speedsters happy hour.  We have a lot of activities coming up in the next few weeks:  The return of Hill Workouts on Thursday evenings, Happy Hour, Expo, Expo, Trenton Half Water Stop, and a flag football game/tailgate.  Busy busy.

Till we run into each other again…

No comments:

Post a Comment