Welcome:

The Bucks County Speedsters is a group of runners

that meets
twice a week to work on our speed,

strength, stamina, and
overall performance. Our goal

is to improve runners of all
levels. We encourage

anyone interested in running to come
out to one of

our workouts and see for yourself that in our


community everyone is welcomed and with our

guidance and
your hard work, together we will aspire

to make you
faster. We hope that you will lace up

your running
sneakers and meet up with us someday

soon.



"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams"


-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, December 30, 2011

December Recap


DECEMBER RECAP

The Speedster Spotlight was on Gregg Holst for the month of December when he completed the Beast Series a series of Ultra Running races that takes place from February to December.  For anyone to complete this series of races has to be a remarkable runner and I’m proud to say that we had a Speedster complete it, not that he used any of his speed to complete this task.  The following are the races and distances Gregg had to complete in order to be named a “Beast”:  Holiday Lake 50k, Terrapin Mountain 50k, Promise Land 50k, Grindstone 100, Mountain Masochist (MMTR) – 50 Miles, and Hellgate 100k.  Once again congratulations Gregg.
As December comes to a close so does the year 2011.  I have to say that I’ve been able to cross many finish lines, in many places, and I have always credited my running as one of the major factors for surviving an awful childhood.  The other factor would be incredible friendships.  The reason I bring this up is because in December I too completed an accomplishment, not a new time or a new distance, but an accomplishment still, one that can be compared to a marathon in a way.  On December 15th 2011 after thirteen long challenging years I was able to complete my first year of college with a 3.60 GPA.  I would also like to say that I have officially enrolled into college full time starting this January.  With this first year finally completed I feel like I can do anything.  I want you all to know that I have scheduled my classes in a way that coaching all of you in the spring will not conflict.  My education is very important to me and I will not allow it to take a back seat again, but that does not mean I have to give up what I love, helping others to become better runners.   The other day as I was stuck in traffic, in my Fedex truck, on Street Road I read a quote off the back of the vehicle in front of me “Go Confidently In The Direction Of Your Dreams” I plan to live by this and I hope that you can too.  Here’s to 2012!  May it bring all of us closer to our dreams no matter what those dreams may be...
No one contacted me about achieving any Personal Best or completing any marathons, so I’m assuming everyone has been too busy racing the Winter Series.  If you run a PR or complete something as exceptional as a marathon in the coming months, please contact me and I will give you a shout out in next month’s Monthly Recap.

CT

1 comment:

  1. Chris,

    Congrats on the 3.6 (!), and double congrats on enrolling !! I know you'll do great. And Hat's off to Gregg H. Don't know how you ultra dudes manage all those miles.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete